I have typed many folks over the last 6 years and I have learned some “tricks of the trade” that help serious Enneagram practitioners avoid the pitfalls of typing. In this session, I will emphasize:
(1) how body language can be indicative of certain types;
(2) how to get people to establish rapport while getting clues about their type;
(3) how to ask questions that narrow down the possible type structures operating in the person;
(4) how wings and arrows can be used to narrow the search;
(5) how to use sub-types to narrow the search;
(6) how to use compare and contrast questions to help identify type.
David Banner is a certified Enneagram teacher in the Narrative Tradition (2005)and has conducted numerous seminars on the Enneagram (Enneagram and Relationships, Enneagram and Parenting, and Introduction to the Enneagram). He published a book (Frameshifting: A Path to Wholeness) (2008) that uses Enneagram theory liberally.
2011 IEA Global Conference
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA