This session will provide a quick, efficient download of integral theory, the school of philosophy that seeks to integrate all of human wisdom into a radically inclusive worldview. Integral theory accommodates the gifts of all previous worldviews, including those which have been historically at odds: science and religion, East and West, as well as pre-history, traditionalism and modernity.
Jeff will walk us through the AQAL Map, illuminating the five key elements of integral theory developed by Ken Wilber, the world’s leading integral philosopher, which include:
1. Quadrants: The four dimensions of human existence, and how to inhabit each
2. Levels of development: the patterns of growth in culture and individual consciousness, and what is emerging today
3. Lines of development: multiple intelligences and how to grow in harmony
4. States of being: the stages of waking up to our true nature
5. Types: the designs of personality (the Enneagram!) that make up the great human family
We will see patterns of history that make sense of current events and inspire smarter solutions to today’s global challenges. We will also map the stages of personal evolution that starts with each of us at birth, revealing insights and energetics that accelerate our personal evolution in real time.
Jeff Salzman is the founder of the Boulder Integral Center. He’s co-founder of CareerTrack, one of the world’s leading professional development companies. A long-time spiritual practitioner in many traditions, he has a Masters Degree in Indo-Tibetan Buddhism from Naropa University. Jeff spent the last few years as a co-founder and a lead teacher of Boulder Integral, now The Integral Center. These days he travels, teaches and comments about current events on Integral Life and The Daily Evolver.
Find The Daily Evolver on Facebook and Twitter.
2013 IEA Global Conference
Denver, Colorado, USA