A COMPASS AND A MAP FOR THE HEALING JOURNEY
The Enneagram and Trauma reveals Type-specific pathways to healing, presence and recovering the instinctual wisdom of your mind, heart and gut centres.
Encountering powerful Enneagram teachings, as well as the latest scientific trauma research insights into individual and collective trauma, you will discover the trauma patterns that lead to the instinctual distortions behind Type, as well as understand, and be able to work with, the unconscious defences that keep us dissociated and disconnected from our own life force, creativity and human potential.
You will walk away with powerful keys to change in the form of new Enneagram
knowledge and understanding, new personal perspectives and insights, and new skills to take into your relationships and roles, whether as a leader, coach, therapist, facilitator or teacher.
TRANSFORMATIONAL LEARNING : A COMBINATION OF THEORY AND PROCESS:
These courses are a potent mix of theory and process. The Enneagram insights draw on all the most powerful
teachers, from Ichazo to the best known contemporary Enneagram luminaries and thought-leaders.
The Trauma insights and transformational processes in the workshops are rooted in cognitive science, somatic psychology, Internal Family Systems and a range of creative healing modalities.
3 Kinds of Knowing
• Propositional- Understanding of the key theories, the scientific evidence and the areas of conjecture.
• Perspectival – Hearing different narratives, perspectives, and life stories, including your own.
• Participatory – Learning that can be applied in your personal life, relationships, role and work context.
WHO WOULD LOVE THIS COURSE?
Enneagram-inspired Coaches, Facilitators, Spiritual Directors, Therapists, Marriage Counselors, Addiction, Recovery and Trauma Counselors.
OVERVIEW- A JOURNEY IN 6 MODULES
Module 1: The Enneagram and the Trauma Revolution
• 21st Century Trauma Awareness: From “Hysteria” to “ACEs”
• Understanding the Types and Long-term Impacts of Trauma
• The Wounded Healer Enneagram Coach
Module 2: Models of the Traumatized Psyche
• Trauma sensemaking: from indigenous to traditional, medical, psychological and biopsychosocial perspectives on trauma
• Trauma and the Soul-Child. The Jungian work of Donald Kalsched
• The Enneagram - a “3-Centred Being” Psychospiritual Model of the Psyche
• Defining Wholeness - 7 Domains, the Enneagram Heart, and Levels of Health
Module 3: Using the Enneagram as a Lens on Complex Trauma and Relationships
• Safety and Connection - Attachment vs Authenticity - Freezing, Fawning and Trauma-Bonding
• The Enneagram Heart Wounds and Object Relations in understanding Trauma-Bonding
• Working with Grief, Rage, Shame and Anxiety
Module 4: Trauma-Based Enneagram Ego Patterning
• Self-Med, Addictions, Self-Sabotage and the Ennea-Type Fixations
• The Defense Mechanisms – 9 forms of Narcotisation, Dissociation, Repression
• Trauma and the Inner Cast of Characters – “There are no bad parts.”
• The Virtues and Holy Ideas in a Trauma Context
Module 5: Using the Enneagram to Map the Journey to Wholeness
• Coaching towards the health and wholeness of the Centres
• Coaching towards the health and the balancing the 3 instincts
• Safety in the present moment – Conscious Embodiment (Wendy Palmer) and the Cultivation of the Inner Observer
Module 6: A Map of Modalities
• From Talk Therapy to Somatic Psychology, SE, CI, IFS, EMDR and BWRT, NARM
• Expressive therapies – Art, Movement, Dance, Narrative and Drama
• Psychedelics and entheogens
• Narrative, Ritualisation, Ceremony and Shamanic Practices
• Collective and Social Processes (CTIP, Circles, “TRC”)
• Approximately 6 hours of preparatory work before session 1 in the form of audio-visual content and reflections.
• 6 intensive Zoom contact sessions of 3 hrs. every Monday over 6 weeks.
• Workshop includes slides (shared after the session), powerful self-discovery processes, breakout rooms and group discussion.
• The workshop presentation, Q&A and recordings are made available to the course participants after each session.
6 MONDAYS. 3hrs per module. Recordings available to registered participants for skipped sessions.
o Session 1: 6th September
o Session 2: 13th September
o Session 3: 20th September
o Session 4: 27th September o Session 5: 4th October
o Session 6: 11th October
Allow for 30 min run-over, Q&A and informal networking afterwards.
SAST: Johannesburg, South Africa: 18:00 – 21:00 PST: Los Angeles, California, USA: 9:00 – 12: 00 EST: New York City: 12:00 – 15:00 CST: London, UK; 17:00 – 20:00
PAST COURSE PARTICIPANT REFERENCES
“Another, very sensitively led, and beautifully researched session! I love the way you are so attentive to the structure of each Archetype when you facilitate these sessions. I also love how attentive you are to the spaces and conversations that emerge...facilitating such an ease of flow! Thank you for allowing me to participate and to learn... I experience your workshops as truly rich and enlightening. The container you create allows for deep insights to emerge connections to be made and mutual learning from each other. Love and appreciation.”
Lyn Morse-Brown, Executive Leadership Coach & Spiritual Director
“Thank you so very much for the session last night, I woke up this morning feeling enriched by the conversations, and most especially by the compassionate holding of the not-so-pretty bits as they came up. It was a gift you gave in the session.
I really love this deeper approach to the Enneagram...last night I saw a real connection - the Enneagram as bridge between ego structure and Presence...I am really appreciative of that. With deep thanks.” Dr. Nicola Taylor – Director, Thoughtsmiths (Coaching and Leadership development).
"Beautiful... Thank you for leading and creating such a wonderful connected, grounded learning space, and bring in the right amount of learning and wisdom, well-researched, well-illustrated and well-explained, for us to connect with and identify with individually and collectively.” - Melissa O’Mara - USA (Coach, Leadership Development specialist and Company Director of The Leadership Co-Lab).
“Thank you for the insightful and thought-provoking workshop. I made connections I had not previously made and really deepened my learning exponentially. I left being even more curious than when I signed up, and look forward to the opportunity to learn more in the future. Thank you for listening so deeply and sharing your wisdom of the Enneagram”
- Shelene Perriard, Executive Coach & Career Transition Advisor
“Learning with Ingrid is a brilliant experience...She facilitates deep processes with a deft, light hand and a delightful sense of humour. She creates a safe learning space, and I have learnt so much about myself and enriched my work.” – Getti Mercorio. Specialist Change Consultant and Coach. Ingenuity virtual programme participant during lockdown, 2020.
"It was a joy to join you on the course yesterday and I am always amazed at the quality and creativity of your materials...And thanks for taking us to a deep place - it certainly unlocked another level of understanding for me about my childhood and how that has impacted my type.” - Terry Wood - Learning Together- UK.
“A watershed experience. You are so generous with your wisdom Ingrid. A true teacher." - Anne Trusler, Coach, MTL Team facilitator, Leadership Development Specialist.
"Ingrid is an incredible, generous teacher, sharing an abundance of course materials in every form and shape. Studying the Enneagram with her is both a curiosity quest for knowledge and wisdom, and a truly transformational process as a person.” - Natacha Ciezkowski (IEQ9 Faculty member, Enneagram Coach)
COURSE DESIGNER AND FACILITATOR: INGRID HURWITZ.
Ingrid’s current coaching and relationship counselling work around her clients’ self- limiting patterns invariably involves a compassionate exploration of the early childhood experiences that necessitated the “reality strategies” that are no longer working for them.
Her study of the Enneagram over the last 12 years has built on her early trauma counselling training (HIV Aids and GBV) and led to an engagement with contemporary trauma theory, research and the many new healing modalities that have emerged, including Internal Family Systems (IFS); the NeuroAffective Relational Model (NARM), and other powerful approaches for healing Complex Trauma (C-PTSD) and restoring connection to self and others.
Other areas of her journey that have contributed significantly to her understanding of personal growth and psychospiritual healing include her experience as an Imago relationship counsellor; a life-long immersion in creative healing modalities; decades exploring Jungian Analytical psychology; and her corporate background in Leadership Development.
She is currently a full-time Enneagram specialist - i.e. teacher, coach, facilitator, supervisor, counsellor and relationship therapist. Her deepest joy is facilitating small, intensive Enneagram-based psychospiritual, personal transformation and learning groups. She also loves developing learning communities, such as the Enneagram Community of Practice, which is an IEA-recognised group that offers regular free teaching. She has presented at three International Enneagram Conferences including the 2021 IEA, where she presented on her PhD topic: “The Cultivation of the Inner Observer”, which draws on Cognitive Science, Sufism, Christian mysticism and Buddhism. People have described her work as “life-changing”, “a watershed experience”, and “refreshingly different”.
R7 200 +VAT (South African residents) / $895 (overseas residents)
Limited NPO / BBBEE discounts available, please apply with a motivation when you register.
A limited number of discounts, BBBEE and NPO scholarships available. [email protected]
INFO AND REGISTRATION:
Registration link: https://aephoria.co.za/the-enneagram-and-trauma/
Questions about the course design and learning experience: [email protected]
Previous exposure to the Enneagram and a basic understanding of the model structure (Centres and Lines), as well as Type Structure and the main features of Type (Instinct, Passion, Fixation, Defense Mechanism, Subtype, Virtue, Holy Idea). This will not be covered in the course.
If you need to familiarise yourself with this content prior to the programme please email Ingrid for guidance on what to watch and read online to be ready for the deeper content on this course. [email protected]